Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A whole house of filtered water (and garden)

A naturopathy lecturer at university told my builder that there are two hippy things you should try and do in this life: firstly drink a freshly squeezed juice every day and secondly; get a water filter. And so, inspired, i did.



I bought a system that has been installed at the mains water supply to the house, to filter all the water that comes into the house, and garden. I didn't actually realise that the garden water would be filtered, but now i know, i'm a little bit impressed.

The system has been installed down at the street end of my driveway, and filters through a 'Purita' system (from Samios plumbing in Myaree) that needs to be replaced every 12 months. There is a solids and chemical filter - that will cost about $100 to replace.

This means: chemical free water for brushing my teeth, and natural water for my veggies. All i need now is one of those PH balancing pink crystal things and they will let me move to the white gum valley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment